The Time and Weather is for Hua Hin, Thailand where we currently live

Daily Bible Verse

Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Privilege...

I saw an amazing video clip in team building class at CIT (the Center for Intercultural Training), that just grabbed my heart. The tears ran down my face, as I saw a father participate in a triathlon all the while pushing, carrying or pulling his adult physically handicapped son along with him.

Years earlier the son had told his father via a special computer that he uses to pick out letters by moving his head, that he wanted to participate in a 5 mile benefit run for a paralyzed lacrosse player. The father ran the race, all the while pushing his son in a special wheel chair. After the benefit run, the son told his father that during the race he did not feel handicapped.

The father and son have been competing in marathon races and triathlons ever since.

Wow! What love!

I started to think about my Heavenly Father, and how He pushes, carries and pulls me along in doing His work. I thought about how He allows me to join Him in His work on earth. Let’s face it, does the Lord need me to help Him accomplish His work on earth? The answer of course is no. However, He lets me come along, allows me to join in His work. Why? Because He loves me. He wants me to feel free in a way that I can only know through Him.

Just as parents allow their children to help around the house, God allows us to help with His work. Would it be quicker and easier for the parents to do the work themselves? Of course. But they let them help, so that they can learn and grow.

When I think about Mr. Hoyt and his complete dedication to his son, and his desire to help his son feel free, I think, what amazing love. But how much more does Christ love us? His love is limitless!

And what about the attitude of the son? To see the joy on his face, his arms spread wide, as he joins his father in the races. You can see the enthusiasm and joy he has just for the privilege of being able to join his father in the races. Hmmm, is my heart filled with joy and enthusiasm as I face each day hand in hand with the Lord? I am praying that I have that enthusiasm and joy overflowing and that people will see it, just because I have the privilege of serving the Lord.

We think we know what good is, and what will satisfy us. But God has such amazing plans for us. When I follow His plan for my life, my life is so incredible. It is so much more than I ever could have imagined.

As Bill and I prepare to go to Thailand as missionaries in August, we are so excited to see what the Lord is going to do through us.

Thank you Lord, for giving us the privilege of serving and working with You!

*Please click the link to view the video.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this analogy..very thought provoking!!

    ReplyDelete