The Time and Weather is for Hua Hin, Thailand where we currently live

Daily Bible Verse

Friday, April 26, 2013

An Unexpected Hug. . .

On Sunday evening, Bill and I were at the Youth Center and we decided to go for a walk along the beach.  A lot had been going on over the past week, so the thought of a walk along the beach with the wind blowing through my hair was enticing.

We started walking the 2 blocks to the beach, but when we arrived. . .there was no beach.  The water was all the way up to the wall that separates the sand from the homes and the street.  There was no sand visible so, we decided to meander through some small winding roads and cut back after a while to see if there was a beach.  As we turned the corner along the narrow street, suddenly we heard children yelling and saw them waving at us.  A young boy came darting across the road and threw himself into my arms.  It was sooo sweet!  He is one of the children that comes to Youth Group, and he was so excited to see us in his neighborhood he could not contain his joy.  He grinned from ear to ear.

My heart swelled, and I felt that this special moment was a gift from the Lord.  As we said goodbye to the children and continued on our walk, I could not stop smiling as I remembered the spontaneous hug from the young boy.

Bill and I had a wonderful time walking and talking along the beach, and I felt refreshed and filled with joy when we returned.

Sometimes the Lord’s gifts are wrapped in tiny packages. . .and I am so grateful for them.  The Lord knew just what I need!  And when I needed it!  Praise God!

Blessings,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment